Bath & Body Works, Fragrance and Skincare Haul!

This is another collective haul from the month of June, but this time I've lumped together all of the skincare and fragrance products that I've purchased. Some of these products I'll do a review on over the next few days, so stay tuned if you're interested in learning more!

Bath and Body Works
If you haven't already noticed, Bath & Body Works is currently holding a HUGE "Hello, Yellow" sale online and in stores where all of their products are drastically reduced or on promotion. As I mentioned in my June Favorites blog, the last time I went I was taken in by their "Buy 3, Get 3 Free" promotion on their signature collection items. I am a huge lotion junkie because of my dry skin, so I love to stock up on sweet smelling creams when they're on sale (I find it great to keep one at work, one in the car, one at home and a travel size in my purse!). Right away, I grabbed a bottle of my favorite Bath & Body Works scent, Sweet Pea, and then picked up Midnight Pomegranate, which I've also liked for some time. Then I decided to try two new scents, I Love You and Deep Aqua, both of which, I think I saw were being discontinued. So I guess even if I love them, I'm out of luck! In general, I find B&BW lotions to be great "spot" treatments if you will, i.e. for dry hands after washing them or for rough spots on elbows and knees, but I still generally supplement with a fragrance free "deep" moisturizer after showering (like Lubriderm). In addition to the four lotions shown here, I also got the Summer Vanillas Coconut lotion and body spray, as mentioned in my June Favorites.

Fragrances
I picked up this Michael Kors Very Hollywood fragrance set way back when during my first CCO haul at the beginning of June, but I've been waiting for the right occasion to blog about it! Overall, I love the fragrance for the summer, but definitely think it's one of those perfumes where a single spritz held a few inches away from the body is enough (I accidentally sprayed it too close to my face the first time and inhaled some of it and was then sneezing for the next hour!). Also, although I'm happy with the Eau de Toilette, I actually don't like the body lotion from the set at all because it's a HIGHLY concentrated version of the fragrance, which makes it almost unbearably heavy smelling on my skin. I'm thinking of selling it on eBay and making back some of my money, because even though this was at a CCO, the set still cost $52!

The second fragrance that I got this month is the Dark Amber and Ginger Lily Cologne by English retailer Jo Malone (although primarily a UK brand, I noticed that my local Bloomingdale's had a new Jo Malone boutique in the store, and they also have a US-based site with currencies in dollars, so it's certainly not difficult to get over in the states). I was first introduced to this fragrance by Ingrid (MissGlamorazzi) and Fleur (FleurdeForce) on YouTube, both of whom raved about the "sunscreen" scent. Now, some may find wearing a sunscreen-like fragrance a bit odd, but I have actually always loved the coconut scent of tanning oils (which I don't dare actually use on my fair skin), so I absolutely love this scent. I spray it on and it immediately reminds me of the beach and vacations! The only downside is that this makes it a clearly summer fragrance that would probably smell funny if you wore it in the winter (and I guess the other downside is that it's VERY expensive...$55 for 30ml).

Murad  
It's a bit embarrassing to admit, but I've been suffering from chest and back acne for years now, despite washing my body with fragrance free soaps and switching up my routine so I wash my hair before I wash my body (I was told that the residues from shampoos/conditioners can cause acne if you are washing your hair just before getting out of the shower). A few weeks ago, I was browsing around ULTA (on one of my many trips!) and I asked if there were any products that were recommended to treat this type of body acne. The woman recommended two products by Murad, an acne clearing body wash and a spray. I don't want to go into much detail here, because I plan to do a full review of these products soon, so for now just remember that I've bought them, tried them over the last three weeks and am excited to share my experience. Together, the products are ~$80 so definitely not cheap!

Other Random Products
I've talked about my fair skin many-a-time, but have never talked about sunscreens, which I truly believe are SO important to wear when you plan to be out in the sun for any length of time. In general, I'm not very brand loyal when it comes to sunscreens (I usually buy whatever is cheap, high SPF and smells good!), so last time I was in Wal-Mart I picked up this Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen in SPF 30. I decided to try it because in addition to sunscreen it also contains skin-nourishing antioxidants , so it will make your skin feel smooth instead of the typical greasy, sticky sunscreen feeling. It also has that amazing coconut smell that I love and was less than $8!

As a complement to the sunscreen and my very pale skin that I don't like to tan (I don't want premature sagging or wrinkles!), I also picked up the Jergens Natural Glow daily moisturizer with Firming in the fair to medium skin tones range. As I'm sure you all know, this stuff is supposed to gradually build a tan over a week. I'm a little skeptical, but willing to give this a try. Usually, I'm terrified of tanning products because I'm bad at applying them and a streaky orange look is almost worse than uniform pale legs! I will use this over the next few days and let you know how it goes.

The final product that I recently picked up that I am SO excited to try is the new Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion in the hydrating formula. In addition to removing even waterproof mascara, this product is supposed to soothe and condition the eye area, helping reduce puffiness and fine lines (which by now you know is a definite concern of mine!). In general, I really love lotion formulas for makeup removal -- I used to be obsessed with one made by Nivea until they sadly discontinued it, and since then I've been stuck with the oily fluid kinds that either make my whole face greasy or burn my eyes like crazy! This is another product that I will be reporting on shortly!

That's it for now! Stay tuned for more reviews and hauls coming up soon! :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

I'm a member of Lady Project!

Popular Posts

PHLBloggers
Follow on Bloglovin